Wednesday, November 17, 2010

weather approriate clothes

My daughter Katie dances to the beat of her own drum when it comes to fashion, and she pulls it off. Katie was the three year old we have all seen shopping with their Mommy's wearing a tutu and red rubber boots. I had many excursion with her in last years Halloween costumes. There was a whole entire year that she wore her red rubber boots with everything including her swim suit. So that being said, the older she gets the more crazy she gets. She is a hot kid, so long sleeves are out, although she loves those long gloves with no fingers in them how this is different I am not sure. This morning another fight was created with her choice of fashion for school. She comes out with capris and a tank top, sparkly scarf and sequence hat, mis matched socks and was ready to go. It is November and it is cold. I don't know how many times I have been called by the school to bring Katie warmer clothes. This is usually only when her daddy gets her up and does not pay attention. Trying to nip that whole ordeal in the tush before it happens is my goal on a daily basis. So this proceeded into a dramatic episode of her not having ANYTHING to wear and fine if I want her to look boring and stupid, her reputation was on me.
Katie is a figure skater so she spends a lot of time in the ice only wearing those little outfits and she is fine. I get that but the school on the other hand turns their nose up to her fashion style. So the only way to bribe her out of her current outfit was to offer her a shirt from her teenage sisters "sacred" closet! Her eyes lite up like it was Christmas, so naughty! Yes I caved, 7 am is not my best time of the day.
This is so taboo and I know I will have a 13 year old episode after school but that is 7 hours away,  OK I will have had at least 3 pots of coffee in me by then and will be better equipped to deal. So today I will be purging little miss Katie bugs drawers of all summer clothes that she has gotten past me the last time I did this..2 weeks ago.
Let me ask you how do you dress a diva who is always hot (sweaty hot) for school that appease her and the school with all of their knowledge and dress code? I love her sense of individuality and that she flies her own freak flag but this is wearing me out. The pains of fashion!
I am so for school uniforms!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment